These nickel plated chainrings were designed to look great on the Cane Creek eeWing titanium cranksets. They also work great on SRAM direct mount cranksets.
The Shimano XTR, XT, and SLX 12spd Hyperglide+ chain works differently than other products on the market so Wolf Tooth engineers developed a completely new tooth profile to provide optimal chain retention and durability when using this new chain technology.
- The new HG+ chain interacts with the chainring much differently than a traditional wide/narrow design. Wolf Tooth engineers spent the time to understand how the system works and design a new tooth profile that is optimized for this system.
- Engineered proprietary tooth profile maintains the quiet and smooth performance of the HG+ drivetrain with legendary Wolf Tooth chain retention.
- Prevents premature ring and chain wear that can come from non-optimized profiles
More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings.
It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
- Cane Creek eeWing cranksets
- SRAM direct mount cranksets with 3 bolt interface
- Compatible with Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ chains on bikes with boost and non-boost spacing
- Weight: 32t • 74g
- Material: Nickel-plated 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA